The morning traffic jam: for many a standard beginning of the day. Not surprising, since 75% of travellers travel by car, of which 88% also travel alone. Think of the impact that could be made if 10% of these commuters shared their commute with a colleague. Our Toogethr Ridesharing & Cycles apps make it easier to travel to and from work and connect colleagues who travel the same routes. Toogethr removes conventional barriers by changing behaviour and makes traveling to work fun again, together or alone.
Our goal: fewer cars on the road, less traffic jams and less CO2 emissions, which ultimately results in a faster drive from A to B. In addition, our smart parking solutions ensure more available parking spaces when you arrive by car. We make mobility simple for various (government) organizations and areas in the Benelux. Toogethr is currently growing rapidly and therefore we are looking for a Medior developer to support us and make us grow in all our coding adventures.
As our Medior developer you will:
- Build an architecturally sound back-end for our apps and beautiful solutions and deploy them while maintaining the best quality and user happiness;
- Translate requirements from design to functional solutions;
- Define REST and GraphQL endpoints and integrate them into our solutions;
- Share knowledge with your team members and coach the more junior developers;
- Be able to give advice about technologies and architectures;
- Be a technical sparring partner for the team and organization;
- Be available for 40 hours a week.
Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor degree or higher in computer science/ software engineering (or similar);
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a developer;
- Perfect in Python;
- Experience with Django, PostgreSQL (Postgis is a bonus), REST and GraphQL;
- Experience with working in Github;
- Experience with React (pre);
- Experience with code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with other people (not a solo hacker);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (Dutch is a bonus).
What’s in it for you?
- A spot on our topnotch team where you will make an immediate impact
- A competitive salary
- An inspiring office in Utrecht (right at the central train station)
- An international team with highly skilled (tech)professionals
- Weekly and monthly team meetings
- Lots of social events such as quarterly team-building activities and Friday drinks