Senior Full Stack Developer
Rush hour traffic jams: Unfortunately these are part of our commute to and from work. Not surprising as 75% of daily commuters travel by car, 88% of which travel alone. Think of the impact that can be made if only 10 percent of commuters traveling by car, started doing so together. This would result in less traffic jams and lower carbon emissions!
Our user-friendly omni-channel ridesharing application connects colleagues traveling the same routes to and from work, removing all barriers by making it super easy and fun to travel together. More rideshares lead to fewer cars on the road, decreasing traffic jams and lowering emissions, which will result in a faster trip from A to B and more available parking spaces when you get there. Toogethr is growing rapidly and we are looking for a senior full stack developer.
About the role:
As our senior full stack developer you will work daily on our top-notch mobility platform that is used by thousands of users. The frontend is written in React, the backend in Django and NodeJS. You will design architecture, implement the latest cutting-edge technologies and guard long term technical goals. In this role, you will be part of our Development team and work closely together with our QA and Service Delivery teams, reporting directly to the Product Manager.
As our senior full-stack developer you will:
- Design architecture, build architecturally sound web apps and beautiful solutions and deploy them while maintaining the best quality and user happiness;
- Translate requirements from design to functional solutions;
- Define REST API’s and integrate them into our solutions;
- Share knowledge with your team members and coach the more junior developers;
- Be able to give advice about web technologies and architectures;
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organization and recommend technical strategy and direction in your area of expertise;
- Be available for 40 hours a week
Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor degree or higher in computer science/ software engineering (or similar);
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a developer;
- Proven track record mentoring junior team members;
- Experience with Django, Postgres, Github, Docker, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Kubernetes;
- Relevant experience with designing microservice based software and REST API’s;
- Experience with React and NodeJS (pre);
- Experience with code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with other people (not a solo hacker);
- Strong web development skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (Dutch is a bonus)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Gear and software based on your needs
- A fast-growing start-up environment
- Daily healthy lunch with the team
- Quarterly team building activities or outings
- Regular after-work drinks and activities
- Monthly study days
- Young and enthusiastic colleagues
- Nice office building in the centre of Utrecht